martedì 17 febbraio 2009

Valentines

so it was valentines three days ago and my 17th birthday if i may say so.
so i thought i'd be a true romantic and add love poems, oscar wilde and carol ann duffy , because poetry is a form of art. Like you choose the best combinations of texture, colour, image, motion for a work of art, for the expression of what you may think or feel you do the same with poetry with the combination of words similes, metaphors, structure and words.

Silentium Amoris (The Silence of Love)
by Oscar Wilde

As oftentimes the too resplendent sun
Hurries the pallid and reluctant moon
Back to her sombre cave, ere she hath won
A single ballad from the nightingale,
So doth thy Beauty make my lips to fail,
And all my sweetest singing out of tune.

And as at dawn across the level mead
On wings impetuous some wind will come,
And with its too harsh kisses break the reed
Which was its only instrument of song,
So my too stormy passions work me wrong,
And for excess of Love my Love is dumb.

But surely unto Thee mine eyes did show
Why I am silent, and my lute unstrung;
Else it were better we should part, and go,
Thou to some lips of sweeter melody,
And I to nurse the barren memory
Of unkissed kisses, and songs never sung.

so yea. my pretty poem.
my second is by another poet i love, Carol ann duffy.
Not a red rose or a satin heart.

I give you an onion.
It is a moon wrapped in brown paper.
It promises light
like the careful undressing of love.

Here.
It will blind you with tears
like a lover.
It will make your reflection
a wobbling photo of grief.

I am trying to be truthful.

Not a cute card or kissogram.

I give you an onion.
Its fierce kiss will stay on your lips,
possessive and faithful
as we are,
for as long as we are.

Take it.
Its platinum loops shrink to a wedding ring,
if you like.
Lethal.
Its scent will cling to your fingers,
cling to your knife.

-- Carol Ann Duffy

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento