domenica 1 febbraio 2009

Cindy sherman

I looked up cindy sherman...
i like her work..i like the idea of interpreting different characters, she presents issues that are part of our society by dressing herself up in costumes, its great...
comic and interesting...

"I feel I'm anonymous in my work. When I look at the pictures, I never see myself; they aren't self-portraits. Sometimes I disappear." cindy sherman.

i like the element of drama and of the abandonment of one's personality in one's art. srtiving to lose yourself and explore rather then merely express is really interesting and appealing,it opens doors for peronal growth.
not that i was trying to grow by dressing up as a convict..that was just fun..its always fun to loose yourself in a little healthy silliness.
anyway here is some cindy sherman.





1 commento:

  1. Fantastic reflective notes on your own/sherman's approach (get it in your IWB too!)

    RispondiElimina